A family house burned down in Olomouc. Someone set it on fire


Photo of HZS Olomouc region

More photos:

A family house burned down in Olomouc. Someone set it on fire

On Tuesday, November 7, around 4:30 in the morning, the police received a report of a fire at a family home in Heydukova street in Olomouc. Only one person was injured at the place where all components of the Integrated Rescue System of the Olomouc Region intervened. A 67-year-old man living in the house inhaled fumes and was taken to a hospital in Olomouc.

After the end of the firefighting and liquidation work, the police officers, in cooperation with the investigator of the Olomouc Region Fire Rescue Service, could proceed to inspect the scene of the fire. A specialist from the Department of Forensic Techniques and Expertise and a dog handler with a service dog trained to search for fire accelerants were also called to the scene. “Based on the findings, we are working with the version that the object was deliberately set on fire, while the ongoing criminal proceedings do not allow us to specify the suspect in more detail at the moment. We have initiated criminal proceedings in the matter on suspicion of committing the crime of public endangerment. The owner of the house tentatively estimated the damage at 4 million crowns,” police spokesman Libor Hejtman added on Wednesday. (ed)

The article is in Czech


Tags: family house burned Olomouc set fire


NEXT Pilsen’s footballers have succeeded in the Conference League for the fifth time, they take home a 1:0 win from Kosovo’s Balkani | iRADIO