Following the formula, motorbikes too. Liberty Media bought MotoGP

Following the formula, motorbikes too. Liberty Media bought MotoGP
Following the formula, motorbikes too. Liberty Media bought MotoGP
--

Nthe American company Liberty Media, which owns Formula 1, became the new owner of MotoGP. The website of the company and the motorcycle industry reported on the transaction for 4.2 billion euros (about 106 billion crowns).

According to reports, Liberty Media acquired 86 percent of the company Dorna, which it had owned since 1992. According to reports, executive editor Carmelo Ezpeleta will remain at the helm of Dorna, who, together with other members, owns the remaining 14 percent.

“We are very pleased to have been able to launch a portfolio of sports and leisure assets,” said Liberty Media’s Greg Maffei. “The MotoGP races are a great platform, they have a loyal and talented fanbase and from a financial point of view they generate great cash flow,” he said.

“Carmelo and his team have built a great sports floor that we can now teach the company to the public,” said Maffei. “This is the best possible step in the further development of MotoGP. I’m happy for what it brings to Dorn, the paddock and the fans,” added Ezpeleta.

According to the European Commission and anti-cartel laws, the Czech rider Filip Sala is competing in the combined Formula 1 and motorcycle series, in which the Moto2 td will start. In 2006, the owner of MotoGP, CVC Capital Partners, from which Liberty Media acquired Formula 1 in 2017, wanted to buy Formula 1 as well, but the commission allowed this only under the condition that the motorcycle ampiont prod.

The article is in Czech

Tags: formula motorbikes Liberty Media bought MotoGP

-

PREV Inter – Empoli 2:0, Inter defeated Empoli in the Italian league, Bologna confirmed their form against Salernitana
NEXT Safe is death. What will brave Slovakia show at the world championship?