The 4th-ranked Florida State Seminoles are in Pennsylvania to face the Pitt Panthers (2-6, 1-3 ACC) today with a 3:30 pm kickoff. The game is being televised on the ESPN network and will mark the 8th time Florida State has been featured on either ESPN or ABC so far this season.
The Seminoles (8-0, 6-0 ACC) are looking to remain undefeated, clinch a spot in the ACC Championship Game, and try to improve on their #4 ranking in the initial College Football Playoff Rankings.
Pitt will be trying to recover from a 58-7 drubbing at the hands of 12th-ranked Notre Dame last week. Pitt’s lone touchdown in that game came late in the 4th quarter during garbage time, and the Panther defense gave up 380 yards passing, and 535 total yards to the Irish.
This is the 11th meeting between Pitt and Florida State in a series that Pitt leads 6-4 and won the most recent meeting 41-17 at Doak Campbell Stadium in 2020. This is only the third acc game between Pitt and Florida State and the series is tied at one win apiece.
Florida State is on a roll on offense with a 14 game winning streak, scoring over 30 points in each of those 14 wins, and outscoring their opponents 585-255 during this streak.
The Seminole defense is the only team in the nation forcing more incompletions than completions allowed. The last time a P5 team held its opponents below 50 percent completions in a season was 2018, when Michigan and LSU posted marks of 49.5 and 49.7 percent, respectively. Again, more incompletions than completions allowed by Fuller’s defense.
According to DraftKings, the Seminoles are a 21.5-point favorite against the Pitt Panthers with the over/under set at 50.
Join us here in each quarter-by-quarter live game thread and show your support, while sharing in all the emotions, excitement, and frustrations, that being a true NOLE is all about.
Florida State Seminoles vs. Pitt Panthers Game Threads:
- Please move to the FIRST QUARTER THREAD 15 MINUTES BEFORE KICKOFF
- At the end of the first quarter, please move to the SECOND QUARTER THREAD
- After halftime, the cool kids will be meeting at the THIRD QUARTER THREAD
- When the third quarter ends, please move to the FOURTH QUARTER THREAD
Pre-Game Coverage from Tomahawk Nation
- TN Staff Predictions: Florida State Seminoles vs. Pitt Panthers
- Depth Chart: FSU football releases projected depth chart for matchup vs. Pittsburgh
- How To Watch: How to watch, stream Florida State vs. Pittsburgh: TV info, kickoff time, game notes
- CFP Rankings: FSU comes in at No. 4 in the first College Football Playoff Rankings of the 2023 season
- Whiteboard Review: Florida State’s Emergent Screen Game
- Line of Scrimmage: Discussing Florida State vs. Pittsburgh with Corey Cohen of the Pitt Talk Network
- Making the grade: Making the grade: What the analytics say about FSU’s offensive line against Wake
- Situational Wednesday: Florida State emphasizes execution elevation ahead of Pitt game
- Betting: Florida State vs. Pittsburgh: 3 key bets for Seminoles vs. Panthers
- 2023 Florida State Schedule Preview: FSU takes on Pitt to kick off November — can Seminoles handle Panthers’ defense?
- College Football Week 9 Picks, DFS Plays & Podcast: Why so serious about the Playoff Rankings?
- FSU Practice Notes: “It’s football — it’s competitive!” News, notes from a feisty Tuesday practice
- Seminole Wrap Podcast: Was Wake Forest blowout Florida State’s best performance this season?
- Media Monday: Mike Norvell and FSU coordinators breakdown Wake Forest victory, preview Pittsburgh matchup
- Rankings: AP Top 25, Coaches Poll: FSU slotted No. 4 before first College Football Playoff Rankings
- Reacts Survey: How do FSU fans feel about coaching on offense, defense?
- A Seminole swarming: Florida State plays best 60 minutes of season in walloping of Wake Forest-Florida State’s explosive plays in all three phases led to Mike Norvell’s group’s most consistent play this year.
- What went right, what went wrong on defense for FSU in blowout win over Wake Forest
- What went right, what went wrong on offense for FSU vs. Wake Forest
- 5 questions, 5 answers: FSU dominates Wake Forest to win 14th game in a row
- A NEW RECRUITING THREAD #14 is up- NoleThruandThru and Josh Pick keep you up to date on the LATEST FSU RECRUITING NEWS @ Tomahawk Nation’s hub for all things relating to Florida State football recruiting –FSU Football: OFFICIAL Tribe ’24 Recruiting and Transfer Portal Thread #14
- Irrelevant ACC News: ACC releases new schedule model, conference matchups through 2030 with SMU, Stanford and Cal additions
How to Watch
Saturday, November 4th
ESPN, Hulu, FuboTV
Seminoles Radio Network
Top 25 Matchups: Week 10
Well 1 Ohio State Buckeyes at Rutgers | 12 p.m CBS
Well 2 Georgia Bulldogs vs. Well 12 Missouri Tigers | 3:30 pm | CBS Sports
Well 3 Michigan Wolverines vs. Purdue Boilermakers | 7:30 pm | NBC
Well 4 Florida State Seminoles at Pittsburgh Panthers | 3:30 pm | ESPN
Well 5 Washington Huskies at No. 20 USC Trojans | 7:30 pm | ABC
Well 6 Oregon Ducks vs. California Golden Bears | 5:30 pm | Pac-12 Network
Well 7 Texas Longhorns vs. Well 23 Kansas State Wildcats | 12 p.m FOX
Well 8 Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Well 14 LSU Tigers | 7:45 pm | CBS
Well 9 Oklahoma Sooners at No. 22 Oklahoma State Cowboys | 3:30 pm | ABC
Well 10 Ole Miss Rebels vs. Texas A&M Aggies | 12 p.m ESPN
Well 11 Penn State Nittany Lions at Maryland Terrapins | 3:30 pm | FOX
Well 13 Louisville Cardinals vs. Virginia Tech Hokies | 3:30 pm | ACC Network
Well 15 Notre Dame Fighting Irish at Clemson Tigers | 12 p.m ABC
Well 16 Oregon State Beavers at Colorado Buffaloes | 10 pm | ESPN
Well 17 Tennessee Volunteers vs. UConn Huskies | 12 p.m SEC Network
Well 18 Utah Utes vs. Well 18 Arizona State Sun Devils | 2 pm | Pac-12 Networks
Well 19 UCLA Bruins at Arizona Wildcats | 10:30 p.m. | FS1
Well 21 Kansas Jayhawks at Iowa State Cyclones | 7 pm | ESPN
Well 24 Tulane Green Wave at East Carolina Pirates | 3:30 p.m
Well 25 Air Force Falcons vs. Army Black Knights | 2 pm | CBSSN
Odds to win 2023 College Football Playoff, via DraftKings
- Michigan Wolverines (+240)
- Georgia Bulldogs (+240)
- Florida State Seminoles (+600)
- Ohio State Buckeyes (+700)
- Oregon Ducks (+1400)
- Washington Huskies (+1500)
- Alabama Crimson Tide (+1500)
- Texas Longhorns (+1600)
- Oklahoma Sooners (+4000)
- LSU Tigers (+5000)
Odds/lines are subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.