The Metrostav DIZ and OHLA ŽS association is finishing the construction of a parking garage near the headquarters of the Regional Office of the Liberec Region. The building will be taken over on December 10, 2023. The resulting price of the work after the conclusion of seven amendments to the contract amounts to 246,052,489.77 crowns including VAT. The amount was affected by overwork and underwork.
“I am glad that soon we will be able to open the parking garage, which will bring a total of 244 parking spaces, of which exactly one hundred will be designated for the public. For similarly large and demanding projects, it is customary for the client to conclude several addendums for more and less work with the construction company. In the case of the parking garage, it was specifically seven additions that affected the final price,” stated Zbyněk Miklík, deputy for the Department of Economy, Property, Investments, Public Procurement and Informatics.
“It should be added that the resulting amount for additional work will help to improve the quality of the entire building from many points of view, for example in the field of electromobility. An example is the installation of a fast charging station, which goes hand in hand with the trend of the development of the technical use of electric cars, and it was not in the original project.” added governor Martin Půta. “The parking garage will be open for the general public and the needs of the regional office from January 1, 2024.”
A brief overview of allowances for overwork and underwork and the development of the price of the work over time:
- The company Metrostav DIZ + OHLA ŽS concluded a contract with the region for an offer price of 232,974,483.56 crowns including VAT.
- Addendum number 1 dealt with the optimization of the project documentation with an emphasis on the deployment of micropiles. The difference between more work and less work reduced the ongoing final price to 232,366,436.3031 crowns including VAT.
- Addendum number 2 included the need to rehabilitate the subsoil and retaining wall. The geological survey revealed an unstable subsoil. The total interim final price increased to 233,000,072.3567 crowns including VAT.
- The next (third) amendment, following the rehabilitation of the subsoil, dealt with the optimization of reinforcements using a higher class of concrete. The total interim final price decreased to 232,970,285.1091 crowns including VAT.
- Addendum number 4 solved the need to reroute the water supply or sewerage around the roots of mature trees. This was followed by the optimization of cabling and distribution systems. The total interim final price increased to 233,811,019.1846 crowns including VAT.
- Addendum number 5, which included the improvement of the technological part of the roofing film solution in connection with the laying and service life of the PVC film under the green roof, had no effect on the price of the work.
- Addendum No. 6 improved the structure of the building by laying a base layer of high-quality concrete on the basis of a static assessment. The total interim final price increased to 239,673,880.4273 crowns including VAT.
- The last (seventh) amendment addressed the improvement of the visual style of the facade with an anti-graffiti coating against vandalism. He also brought the modification of the low-current cabling to the charging station or the modification of the communication along the water main switch and the water connection. The total interim final price increased to the final 246,052,489,771 crowns including VAT.
- Construction contract: 192,540,895.50 crowns without VAT (232,974,483.56 including VAT)
- Total overtime within the framework of amendments 1 to 7: +27,362,208.20 crowns without VAT (33,108,271,922 including VAT)
- Less work in total as part of amendments 1 to 7: -16,553,938.60 crowns without VAT (20,030,265.706 including VAT)
- The difference between multitasking vs. less work: +10,808,269.60 crowns without VAT (13,078,006.216 including VAT)
- Total price: 203,349,165.10 crowns without VAT, i.e. 246,052,489.77 crowns including VAT
M.Sc. Filip Trdla
press spokesperson of the region and the regional office