The Government Award to a Gifted Student is awarded in accordance with Government Regulation No. 71/2013 Coll., as amended, and is intended for high school or university students who have shown talent and interest in research or scientific work.
From January 1, 2024, the award is given to one student in the category:
- student of secondary and higher vocational schools,
- a student in a bachelor’s or master’s study program,
- student in a doctoral study program.
The awarding of the Prize is decided by the government on the proposal of the Council for Research, Development and Innovation. The laureate in each of the categories will receive a financial reward of 50,000 CZK along with the award.
The Government Award to a Gifted Student can only be awarded to recognize outstanding results of research, experimental development and innovation. It is therefore not, for example, an award for extraordinary academic results. The government award aims to motivate young people interested in scientific fields and can be an important impetus for their further career.
The proposal for awarding the government prize to a gifted student includes:
- designation of the category in which the student is registered,
- name and surname of the candidate,
- residential address, telephone, fax, e-mail,
- curriculum vitae,
- a description of the candidate’s work results, emphasizing the exceptionality and quality of the results (up to 3 pages),
- confirmation of the secondary school or university where the student proposed for the award is studying, certifying the correctness of the information given in the application,
- recommending opinion of two professional or scientific workers on the importance and contribution of the work of the applied candidate (not older than the previous calendar year).
The proposed candidate must meet all the conditions stated in the call.
Nominations for the competition can be sent by natural or legal persons. The nominator is responsible for the correctness of all data given in the nomination.
The date of delivery of the proposal in paper form or electronically is decisive for acceptance of the proposal.
Proposals marked on envelope No. 1069/2024-UVCR must be delivered no later than March 31, 2024 in paper form or electronically via a data box to the following address:
Council for Research, Development and Innovation
Support Department of the Council for Research, Development and Innovation
Office of the Government of the Czech Republic
Edvard Beneš embankment 4
118 01 Prague 1
Electronic submissions can be delivered via ISDS (data box) to the data box id of the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic: trfaa33.
The full text of the call can be found at https://vyzkum.gov.cz/FrontAktualita.aspx?aktualita=1023234.