Only after the news!? Electronic applications for high school will start today, promises the head of Cermat

--

“What we promised yesterday is true, it should be launched today,” Krejčí said. “Probably sometime during the evening it will be announced that it’s on, but not before the main news,” he added. According to Krejčí, an announcement in the main news that the system is up and running could cause an overload of the National Identity System (NIA). He assumes that today people will log into the system more out of curiosity, but will not immediately submit applications.

“I don’t expect the DiPSy system as such to be overloaded to the point where it stops working. The unknown that everyone is afraid of is the question of what will happen to the burden of NIA and the application through NIA,” he said. The Digital and Information Agency (DIA) has therefore boosted the Citizen Identity system, through which people will report, by 45 percent due to the expected rush of users. The agency took the measure due to recent problems logging into the new eDoklady application. Krejčí reminded that Cermat cannot influence the login through NIA, because it goes outside its system.

The login system was tested today for security. “No other problem was discovered,” said Krejci. He said he did not yet have a detailed report. Cermat’s tests are done by an external company, which he did not want to say.

DiPSy should start today only for applicants and legal representatives. “Directors will receive access to submit paper applications only within the next week,” Cermat spokeswoman Jana Patáková told ČTK today. Krejčí also confirmed the information.

Collapse of secondary school admissions: Minister Bek and Cermat apologize, but what are parents to do now?!

Applicants, or their legal representatives, can submit applications until February 20. The Ministry of Education should decide on a possible extension of the deadline next week. According to the earlier statement of the Minister of Education Mikuláš Bek (STAN), whether and for how long the submission of applications will be extended depends on how much the opening of the system is delayed.

For Zermatt, I would prefer it not to be extended, because realistically we have room to extend the schedule for the production of receptions by about two to three days,” said Krejčí. According to him, the reserve was intended in case the system is attacked by a large DDoS attack on the last day of logging in. In a DDoS attack, computers controlled by hackers overwhelm the attacked server with a large number of queries, thereby knocking it out of service.

Applicants have the opportunity to give theirs applications until February 20, when should registration for secondary schools end, modify the application, or submit a new one, said Krejčí. The old application will be invalidated in the system. “It will exist in the system, the principals will see that it exists, but that it is invalid,” he said. If the parents submit a corrected application, all three schools must write on it, they cannot, for example, just add a school or field of study. “They must all be on one application,” said Krejčí.

In addition to the electronic method, applications will also be submitted in a so-called hybrid form, i.e. a combination of printed applications with the support of an electronic system, or, as in previous years, in paper form. The new system is supposed to simplify the process of admission to secondary schools and reduce the chaos that accompanied it in previous years. Compared to previous years, administration with registration slips and appeals, among other things, will be eliminated.

According to the ministry, up to 106,000 ninth-graders and tens of thousands of other applicants should apply to secondary schools this year. for example, those interested in multi-year gymnasiums, high school students who want to change majors, or adult applicants who apply for distance or evening studies. Krejci previously told ČTK that roughly 120,000 applicants are expected.

Minister of Education Mikuláš Bek (STAN) and director of Cermat Miroslav Krejčí at a press conference on the unsuccessful start of digital admissions to secondary schools (February 1, 2024)


The article is in Czech

Tags: news Electronic applications high school start today promises Cermat

-

PREV Voice Dictation, Improved Copilot AI — Visual Studio Magazine
NEXT Will Ilia Topuria’s Meteoric Rise Lead to a Stadium Show? Plus, Anthony Joshua Vs. Francis Ngannou Preview.