Russia continues to try to fully control the Donetsk region

Russia continues to try to fully control the Donetsk region
Russia continues to try to fully control the Donetsk region

Kyiv – Russia continues to try to fully control the Donetsk region in the east of Ukraine and create suitable conditions there for resuming the offensive, the Ukrainian General Staff said in a regular report on the situation on the battlefield. The Ukrainian authorities reported on the night of today that Russian forces attacked the Sumy region and the city of Kharkiv. British military intelligence mentions continued heavy fighting from southern Ukraine, including the Enerhodar area adjacent to the Russian-controlled Zaporozhye nuclear power plant.

According to the General Staff, the Russian army in the Donetsk region is concentrating on offensive operations in the region of Bakhmut and Avdijivka. In the direction of Kramatorsk, it shelled targets from mortars, tanks and aircraft. They are trying to keep Ukrainian army troops in the area and prevent them from moving elsewhere. The head of the Donetsk region, Pavlo Kyrylenko, reported that four civilians had died in the region in the past day, and another ten had been injured.

The American Institute for the Study of War (ISW) in connection with the battle in the Donetsk region reminds that, according to the Ukrainian General Staff, Russian President Vladimir Putin has moved the goal of conquering the entire territory of this region from the end of August to September 15, and the Russian army is moving forces to this area. to make it this time.

However, according to ISW, this is unlikely. Svobodná Evropa/Radio Svoboda also published material showing military convoys passing over the Crimean Bridge. This shows that Russia is also strengthening its troops in the occupied Kherson region in response to the Ukrainian counter-offensive that began there this week.

The DPA agency notes that Ukraine is not releasing many details about the counterattack in the south of the country. The Southern Command of the Ukrainian Armed Forces reported today the destruction of five Russian ammunition depots in Russian-occupied territory. Bridges and ferries, which are key for the Russians on the west bank of the Dnieper, are also being targeted by Ukrainian attacks.

Ivan Fedorov, the mayor of Russian-occupied Melitopol in the Zaporozhye region, who is loyal to Kiev, wrote in a telegram today about another “night of hell” for the occupiers. The Ukrainians hit two targets, one of them is a military warehouse and an airport, there is no more precise information about the second hit target yet, Fedorov said.

In its today’s overview of the situation, British military intelligence states that, despite the war in Ukraine, Russia started the Vostok 22 (East 22) military exercise on Thursday. He notes that while Moscow claims 50,000 troops will take part in the maneuvers, it is unlikely that more than 15,000 military personnel will be actively involved. That’s around a fifth of the numbers from the last such exercise in Russia’s Far East in 2018. According to the British, the Russian military’s performance in Ukraine has highlighted that despite large-scale military exercises, the armed forces are not capable of conducting large-scale, complex operations. The aim of these maneuvers is said to be to impress the Russian leadership and abroad.

According to the Ukrainian general, Putin ordered the capture of the Donetsk region by mid-September

The Ukrainian General Staff claims that Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered Russian troops to reach the administrative borders of the Donetsk region in eastern Ukraine by September 15, i.e. to capture the remaining part of Donbass. According to the press, the Deputy Chief of the Main Operational Administration of the Ukrainian General Staff, Oleksiy Khromov, spoke about Putin’s order.

“The enemy continues to control the occupied parts of Kharkiv, Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporozhye, Kherson and Mykolaiv regions and is also trying to create favorable conditions for resuming the offensive. The Russian occupying troops are again correcting their plans and actions in accordance with Putin’s order to reach the administrative borders of the Donetsk region by September 15,” said General Hromov, according to the newspaper Ukrainska Pravda. According to him, the newly created 3rd Army Corps of the Russian Army should serve to renew the Russian offensive in this area.

According to the Ukrainian general, the Russian command decided to disband the 31st Separate Airborne Brigade and the 22nd Special Forces Brigade, in which “less than 20 percent of the personnel remained alive” due to high losses.

On Thursday evening, the Ukrainian General Staff reported the repulse of further enemy attacks at Slovyansk, Bakhmut, Avdijivka and Novopavlivka, where Ukrainian troops inflicted losses on the enemy forces and forced them to retreat.

The claims of hostile parties cannot be verified from independent sources under conditions of war.

During his visit to Kaliningrad on Thursday, Putin stated that Russia’s goal in Ukraine is the liquidation of the anti-Russian enclave. “An anti-Russian enclave has begun to emerge on the territory of today’s Ukraine, which threatens our country,” Putin said during a meeting with schoolchildren in Kaliningrad. “That’s why our boys who are fighting there are protecting the people of Donbass and protecting Russia itself,” Interfax quoted him as saying. The DPA agency wrote that with this statement, Putin made it clear that Russia lays claim to Ukraine.

Russia Ukraine fighting

The article is in Czech

Tags: Russia continues fully control Donetsk region

PREV VIDEO: The attacker wanted to shoot the vice president of Argentina. But the weapon failed
NEXT The Oppo Reno 8 series is heading to Europe, the price is no longer a secret