Israel has no clear plan to protect civilians in Rafah | iRADIO

--

Israel has no credible plan to protect the 1.4 million Palestinian civilians who have taken refuge in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip. This was said on Sunday by US Secretary of State Antony Blinken, who also warned that an Israeli attack on the city could spark an uprising if Israel fails to kill all the Hamas fighters there.



Rafah
10:16 p.m May 12, 2024

Share on Facebook


Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Print

Copy the url address


Abbreviated address





Copy to clipboard

Close

Blinken also publicly reiterated for the first time the conclusions of a White House report to Congress on Friday, which said that Israel is believed to have used US weapons in the Gaza Strip in strikes that violated international law | Photo: Florion Goga | Source: Reuters

According to the AP, Blinken’s statements in two television interviews are among the harshest criticisms of Israel and its actions in the war in the Gaza Strip by representatives of the administration of President Joe Biden.


Israel called for further evacuations in the east of Rafah, but also in the north of the Gaza Strip

Read the article

In interviews with NBC and CBS, Blinken emphasized that Israel should leave the Gaza Strip, according to Washington. He also stated that Israel has not yet come up with a plan to ensure security and proper governance in this territory after the war.

According to the minister, the Israeli government’s tactics in the war so far have led to “terrible loss of life among innocent civilians”, and not to the elimination of Hamas leaders.

On NBC’s Meet the Press, Blinken said Israel was on the way to starting an uprising in the Gaza Strip that would involve many armed Hamas fighters. Another possible development, according to the minister, is that Israel will leave the Gaza Strip, leaving behind a vacuum, chaos and anarchy, which Hamas will exploit again.

According to Blinken, Hamas fighters are returning to the northern parts of the strip, which Israel claimed to have eradicated the militants from. The attack on Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip, meanwhile, could cause huge civilian casualties without eliminating the Islamist group’s fighters, according to the minister.

Israel says it is conducting a 'limited operation' in Rafah


While Israel is attacking Rafah, Hamas is preparing an action in the north of Gaza, Haaretz writes

Read the article

According to Blinken, the United States has been working with Arab countries and other states for several weeks to develop “credible plans for the security, governance and reconstruction” of the Gaza Strip, but Israel has yet to come up with a plan.

Blinken also publicly reiterated for the first time the findings of a White House report to Congress on Friday, which said Israel could be believed to have used US weapons in the Gaza Strip in strikes that violated international law.

The report also said wartime conditions prevented US officials from pinpointing specific airstrikes with certainty. “(…) it was reasonable to assess that in some cases Israel acted in a way that was not in accordance with international humanitarian law,” said Blinken. He cited the “terrible loss of innocent civilian life” as an example.

President Biden told CNN this week that if Israel enters Rafah, the United States will not supply it with additional bombs or artillery ammunition, but only defensive ammunition.

Israeli soldiers at the southern border of the Gaza Strip


Invasion or bombs. Netanyahu is under pressure, he may not obey the United States

Read the article

Tensions related to disagreements between Biden and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over how to conduct the war in the Gaza Strip, as well as pro-Palestinian protests at American universities, could play a significant role in the November presidential election, in which Biden is seeking re-election, according to the AP.

The war in the Gaza Strip began last October 7, when Hamas attacked Israel. He killed 1,200 people and kidnapped another 250. He released about half in late November in exchange for Palestinian prisoners in the only truce to date. At least 35,034 Palestinians have died in Israel’s offensive in the Gaza Strip since October, Hamas-controlled authorities said Sunday.

These data cannot be verified, but according to some experts, they more or less correspond to reality. The numbers also include Hamas fighters, of whom the Israeli military claims to have killed at least 13,000.

CTK

Share on Facebook


Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Print

Copy the url address


Abbreviated address





Copy to clipboard

Close


The article is in Czech &&

Tags: Israel clear plan protect civilians Rafah iRADIO

-

PREV For the money from the Slovak collection, there will be several wagons with artillery shells for Ukraine
NEXT AstraZeneca’s covid vaccine is no longer authorized in the EU