Moscow – The second day of mobilization in Russia showed that it can hardly be called partial, wrote the Russian editors of the BBC. People all over Russia were called up, at home or at work, at any hour of the day or night, and were immediately put on planes or buses that took them to military administration centers or directly to the troops. In some cases, even people without military experience, fathers of four or more children, and even men over 60 years of age had to report to the military administration.
The American Institute for the Study of War, ISW, also said that the Russian authorities are already violating the promised conditions of partial mobilization. For example, he drew attention to a video in which the police allegedly take away students from the university in Buryatsk directly from their classes.
“They will catch everyone they can reach,” security expert Pavel Luzin said in an interview with the Nastojaščeje vremja station. According to him, the Russian authorities will still have a problem recruiting 300,000 reservists with military experience, a plan announced on Wednesday by Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu. Summons orders are issued in large numbers in Russia, but not all addressees accept them, Luzin pointed out.
Within a few hours of the partial mobilization announcement on Wednesday, for example, many employees of airlines, including Aeroflot, or airports received a summons to the levy commission. According to the Kommersant newspaper, most of the airline pilots received their education at the military departments of aviation schools and are led as reserve officers.
According to sources from the three airlines, 50 to 80 percent of their employees may be mobilized, Kommersant wrote. The mobilization, on the other hand, should not concern people working in the IT industry, the media or banks and telecommunications operators, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced according to the Interfax agency.
According to the Meduza server, Senator Andrej Turčak said that four members of the Russian Parliament requested to be sent to the front. He gave their names and specified that all four are from the ruling United Russia party. Also, for example, the head of the Russian administration of the Crimea peninsula, Sergei Aksyonov, reported according to the RIA Novosti agency that his son had also been drafted into the army and had already joined the unit.
While the Kremlin is calling people to arms and Russian officials are trying to show that enlisting is normal, Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, according to the Kavkaz.Realii server, said that there will be no mobilization in Chechnya because this autonomous republic of the Russian Federation has already done more than enough. According to Kadyrov, 20,000 Chechens have already joined the fighting in Ukraine, and the autonomous republic thus “exceeded the plan by 254 percent”.
Since the partial mobilization was announced, unknown perpetrators have already attacked six military commissariats in Russia, the Meduza portal pointed out. In the latest attacks, someone threw Molotov cocktails at the commissariat building in Svobodny and Khabarovsk in eastern Russia.
Russia Ukraine fighting army mobilization